Survey Questions are used to ask for specific information or responses from invitees beyond their attendance. Survey Questions come in numerous types including True/False, Multiple Choice, Rank, and Comment. They may also be required or optional.
How to Create Survey Questions
Creating Survey Questions is very similar to setting up RSVP Questions. To begin adding Survey Questions, navigate to the edit menu for your Event or Activity. For Events the edit menu is accessible via the edit button next to the Event Name. For Activities, navigate to the Activities tab within an Event and select an Activity to open the edit menu. Once you are in the edit menu, select the Questions tab from the top of the menu and press "New Question."
First create a name for the Survey Question. This will be used to identify the question within the web app, but not shown to your invitees. Next select the type of Survey Question to create. The types are:
- Multiple Choice - Multiple choices with multiple possible responses
- Only one choice - Multiple options, but only one selection is possible
- One or more choices - Multiple options and multiple selections are possible
- One or more choices in rank order - Multiple choices and respondents selects their top choices in rank order. You can specify how many choices respondents may rank (min 1, max 10)
- Yes / No - Lets recipients answer either "Yes" or "No"
- True / False - Lets recipients answer either "True" or "False"
- Text - Single text line input box
- Number - Number input required. You can specify additional constraints on the number.
- Decimal - Any number: positive, negative, fractional value (0.1, -2, 1/2, etc.)
- Whole - Any whole number (1, 2, 3, etc.)
- Comment - Multi-line text box
- Phone - Enter a 10-digit number
- Email - Recipient must enter a valid email address format, e.g. "____@____.___"
- Address - Address is multi-field record which includes Street 1, Street 2, State / Province, etc.
- Date and Time - Recipients respond with valid calendar date and time. You can choose whether to collect Date Only, Time Only, or both
- Information Only - Provides clarifying text to respondents
Next, you will need to enter the Question Text that respondents will see in the Survey. After this you will decide whether to add Survey Questions for the People List or the Places List (assuming you have attached both types of Lists). Think of this as deciding which kind of attendees you need to add questions for. If your Activity is a carpool, then the People might be riders and the Places would be drivers. In this case you might ask the People (riders) questions about seating preference and baggage. Then you would ask the Places (drivers) about car type, fuel economy, number of seats, etc.
However, perhaps you are sorting wedding guests (People) into tables (Places). In this case, it wouldn’t make sense to ask questions of the tables, so you would only need to add questions for the People List.
After selecting the List, you will need to determine if the current question is a required Survey Question that respondents must answer in order to complete the Survey. Finally, if there are any additional parameters that pertain to the Question Type, such as selecting which kind of Multiple Choice question to ask or whether to collect both Date and Time responses, you will need to select the necessary options.
Once you have completed your Survey Question, simply press "Create" to add the Question to the Event or Activity.
During the Send phase, you will have the ability to send these questions out to attendees which will allow them to respond via their web browser or through the Eventene mobile app.