Groups and Sections are the backbone of Event management in Eventene. Groups and Sections provide information about People or Places that can be used during the Assign, Send, and Publish steps. Groups and Sections are attached to Activities, but not Events themselves.
No matter whether you are creating a Group or Section, the process consists of the following activities:
- Creating – the app provides several ways to create Groups and Sections:
- Creating from Scratch (typing in entries one at a time)
- Copying an Existing Group or Section
- Uploading data from a text file (in CSV format)
- Pasting from the Clipboard
- Segmenting an Existing Group or Section
- Adding Custom Fields – users can add a variety of custom data Fields (in addition to the defaults) to their Groups and Sections to tailor Eventene for their specific needs.
- Viewing Group or Section Data – users can review individual People and Places, including all the values of each of the Fields. The viewing page also allows the user to sort by any column, control which columns are visible, change the column order, and search on specific entries (by First Name, Last Name or Email).
- Adding and Editing Group or Section Data – during the reviewing process, the user can activate the editing panel below the Group or Section, allowing them to edit individual records.
Groups and Sections
Eventene uses two kinds of data sets: Groups and Sections. Groups include all the potential attendees for a particular Activity. Sections represent the locations, roles, and responsibilities into which People may be assigned.
To easily view all your Groups or Sections, simply click the respective button on the left-hand nav bar of your screen fom anywhere within Eventene. The Groups List and Sections List pages serve as summaries with a high-level overview of all Groups and Sections (including Subgroups and Subsections) within the account. The Groups List and Sections List pages also provide access to the tools that you need to view, edit, and manage your Groups and Sections.
The Groups List and Sections List pages display the following information:
- Name – this column includes the names of each of the Groups or Sections.
- Categories - shows tags that you've associated to each Group or Section. If no tags are applied, this column will not appear.
- Last Modified – Indicates the date and time of the last change made to a Group or Section. The default sort is by the most recently modified.
- Main Group / Main Section - for a Subgroup or Subsection, indicates the Main Group or Main Section.
- People / Places – shows the total number of either People or Places.
- Events– shows the total number of Events that include the corresponding Group or Section in at least one Activity.
- Actions – allows the user to perform various actions with the Group or Section including View, Edit, Delete, etc. (See below for more information).
Each row of the table includes an Action menu which contains the following actions.
- View - opens the Group or Section to view its contents.
- Edit - allows the user to edit the Group Name or Section Name.
- Layout - opens the Layout tab, where users can add, remove, and edit Fields and Field Sets for Main Groups and Main Sections.
- People / Places - opens the data table of People or Places for the Group or Section respectively.
- Transfer - users with a Paid Plan can copy their Groups and Sections to any other user who also has a Paid Plan.
- Delete / Review – removes the Group or Section from the user's account. If Events depend upon the Group or Section then you will be directed to review the Event dependencies.
When the user selects multiple Groups or Sections using the checkmark on the left side of the table, additional menu actions appear.
- Combine–allows the user to combine two or more separate Groups or Sections into a new merged data set.
The Groups List and Sections List pages also allow users to search among their created Groups and Sections using the search bar, copy Group or Section information to the clipboard, print a summary of Groups or Sections, or export to CSV.