Lists are the backbone of Event management in Eventene. Lists provide information about People or Places that can be used during the Assign, Send, and Publish steps. Lists are attached to Activities, but not Events themselves.
No matter what kind of List you are using, managing Lists in Eventene consists of the following activities:
- Creating – the app provides several ways to create Lists:
- Creating from Scratch (typing in entries one at a time)
- Copying an Existing List
- Uploading data from a text file (in CSV format)
- Pasting from the Clipboard
- Segmenting an Existing List
- Adding Custom Fields – users can add a variety of custom data fields (in addition to the defaults) to their Lists to tailor Eventene for their specific needs.
- Viewing List Data – users can review individual List items, including all the values of each of the data fields. The viewing page also allows the user to sort by any column, control which columns are visible, change the column order, and search on specific entries (by First Name, Last Name or Email).
- Adding and Editing List Data – during the reviewing process, the user can activate the editing panel below the List, allowing them to edit individual records.
To easily view all your Lists, simply click the “Lists” button on the sidebar of your screen anywhere within Eventene. This will take you to the Lists page. This page serves as a summary with a high-level overview of all Lists (both Master and Segmented) within the account. Lists also provides access to the tools that you need to view, edit, and manage your Lists.
The Lists page displays the following information:
- List Name – this column includes the names of each of the Lists.
- Categories - shows tags that you've associated to each list. If no tags are applied, this column will not appear.
- Last Modified – Indicates the date and time of the last change made to a List. The default sort for My Lists is by the most recently modified List.
- Type – indicates whether the List is People or Places List.
- Source - for a Segmented List, indicates what Master List the List is associated with.
- Items – shows the total number of items (participants, locations, etc.) in a List.
- Events– shows the total number of Events that include the corresponding List in at least one Activity.
- Actions – allows user to view the List Summary, List Fields, and List Data, Transfer a List to another account, or delete a List. Please note that Segmented Lists do not have the Fields action.
Each row of the table of Lists includes an Action menu containing the following actions.
- View - opens the List to view its contents
- Layout - opens the page where custom fields are added, edited and arranged (master lists only)
- Items - opens the data table of items for the List
- Transfer - users of a paid Eventene subscription can copy their Lists to any other user who has a paid subscription also.
- Delete – removes the list from the user's account
When the user selects Lists using the checkmark on the left side of the table, additional menu actions appear.
- Combine Lists –allows the user to combine two or more separate Lists into a new merged List
The Lists page also allows users to search among their created Lists using the search bar, copy List information to the clipboard, print a summary of Lists, or export to CSV.
Eventene uses two kinds of Lists: People and Places. People Lists include all the potential attendees for a particular Activity. Places represent the locations into which the People can be assigned. It is important to note that Places could also be the names of individuals in some cases such as carpools or group leaders.
Eventene allows individuals to serve as Place “contacts” and act on behalf of a Place. This is incredibly useful when you need information about a Place (such as number of seats in a car) or need someone to manage a location (like a table monitor). Setting a contact (by including their name and email) will allow this person to manage all of the details of a Place or Places.